Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) is a 10 digit alphanumeric code that is used to identify products on amazon. It is assigned when you create a new product in Amazon’s catalog and is unique for every product. Before you can sell on amazon getting this identifier for your product is necessary.
Why are ASINs important for Amazon sellers?
- Amazon’s Catalog number is equal to the ASIN
- It leads to more efficient product management by Amazon
- It ensures an exact and simple product search for all customers and sellers
How to get the ASIN number from amazon?
There are two types of products - Regular and unique.
For Unique products, it is necessary to create a new ASIN but for regular products that are already sold by someone else, existing ASIN numbers can be used.
How to find the correct ASIN?
- ASIN in Web address: You can find the ASIN number of a product in the URL of the product listing. You can always find it after /dp/ in the respective web address: www.amazon.com/ name of the product/dp/ASIN/. This is so far the fastest way to find the ASIN number.
- ASIN in product detail: It is displayed near the bottom of the product detail page
- ASIN in lookup tools: You can use special tools like the ASIN Finder from keyword if you need to manage several ASINs. It saves your time and also provides additional services to improve your ranking.