The Average Transaction Value of your business is the total amount of money spent by your customer in a single transaction. Improving the ATV of your business can lead to huge success.
Formula to calculate average transaction value
It can be calculated by dividing the total value of all transactions by the total number of sales or transactions. For example, for the sales of $1,00,000 for the year, generated from 20 transactions, the average transaction value will be 100000/20= $5,000
Importance of ATV for your business
- Helps you to evaluate the ROI: If you increase your ATV with every customer transaction, You’ll end up getting a higher rate on investment (ROI) on your marketing costs and sales.
- Helps you to determine the product strategies: Knowing your ATV helps you to know if your current product strategy is showing fruitful results or not. If you don’t like the numbers, you can always change the strategy by focusing on different products.
- Helps you to evaluate the pricing strategy: If you decide to give your customers any offers or discounts for a specific period of time, then you can calculate the ATV for that time to see the overall impact on your sales. By knowing this, you can make changes to your future promotion strategies.
Ways to increase your ATV
- Upselling: The trick here is to show the customers that they can get a better product with more features by spending a bit more money. For example, “would you like this T-shirt for only $15 more than the pair in your cart?”
- Best-in-class customer service: It is important to focus on the customer experience in order to build trust. It is the best way to increase your sales and get them landed on your page again in the future.
- Flexible payment options: In the world of online transactions, you need to give your customers every possible payment option including Google Pay, Paytm, and UPI. Apart from that, it can be a winning situation for you, if you can offer your customers to pay in installments for expensive products.