Click-through rate is used to calculate how frequently people click on an ad, link, or CTA. It is commonly used to measure the effectiveness of an email campaign or the success of an online advertising campaign of a website.
Formula to calculate the click-through rate
CTR= (Total measured clicks/Total measured impressions) x 100
For example, if 50 visitors see an online advertisement and 10 people click on it to know more about the product, then that ad has a CTR of (10/50)x100= 20%.
Tips to improve your CTR
- Optimize your headline and copy - You should consider adding a few focus keywords to the headline and write the copy in such a way that it appeals to the customer’s emotions by solving their problems.
- Include CTAs - Write compelling and catchy CTAs to prompt your target audience to click.
- Use images - Using attractive visuals is a great way to improve your click-through rate. Try testing different images using the A/B test to know which image works best for your site.
- Try using hashtags - Hashtags are popular everywhere on social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can use trendy hashtags that relate to your copy to be more visible to your target audience.
- Use remarketing audiences - Remarketing campaigns help you to serve ads that are meant for specific users. You can target existing audiences who are already aware of your brand, or you can create ad content to cross-sell and upsell to existing customers. If someone already knows you, then there are higher chances of them clicking on your ad.
- Highlight pricing in ad copy - If your price is lower than that of your competitors, then adding it to your ad can really help to improve the CTR. With this, you make it easier for people to see your offer and prompt them to click on it.