Conversion rate optimization is the process of optimizing your sites based on the visitor's behavior in order to increase the probability of the visitor taking the desired action on the page.
The desired action can be anything such as filling out a form or making a purchase. A good CRO campaign helps you to get more conversions and also saves your time, money, and effort.
Benefits of conversion rate optimization
- Improving the quality and speed of experiments - CRO helps you analyze your website’s performance by running multiple tests. You can figure out the elements that yield the best results for conversion and find the best possible variation.
- Better revenue with the same traffic - One of the benefits of CRO campaigns is that every change you implement on your website can lead to conversions.
- Personalizing experience for your site visitors - Visitors will stick around on your website, only if your site is easy to navigate and the entire process is efficient. You can make the site relevant to the visitors by personalizing the sections of your website based on visitor’s browsing history, local time, device, and location.
- Better insights into your visitor's behavior - The CRO process starts after you understand the user behavior. To understand this better you can use tools like heatmaps and click maps. It helps you to recognize the areas that work best and also the sections that might lead to a drop-off which just helps you to improve your UX and get better conversions.
Conversion rate optimization is beneficial for -
- SaaS/B2B companies - POSist improved their demo requests with the help of continuous testing.
- eCommerce companies - PealsOnly increased its revenue by making its checkout page more CTA-centric.
- Publishing/media houses - BluTv increased its mobile conversion rate by improving the user experience.
- OTAs or travel agencies - Bizztravel Wintersport increased its conversions by keeping only the relevant information on the home page.