Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is how you increase the quantity and quality of users visiting your website with the help of search engine results. Quality of traffic means that you want to attract customers who are genuinely interested in your product. Once you get the right people visiting your website then you want more quantity too as it is better for your business. Optimization can be done in many ways. You should make the title tags and description informative and useful for the user. You should also give internal links wherever possible and also publish content in appropriate length. Too short or too lengthy texts are not paid much attention by the users. Page structure should also be kept in mind while publishing content. The more optimized your website is, the higher it will be displayed on the search results list and hence the more will be the traffic. Few SEO tools are google search console, google ads keyword planner, backlink analysis tools, SEO platforms, and social media.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization
- SEO Leads to Better User Experience - we can provide our users better experience by giving relevant information which is supported by pictures and videos.
- SEO Is a Primary Source of Leads - using inbound strategies is an effective way to get better leads.
- SEO Brings Higher Close Rates - SEO leads are users that have a purpose in mind and have done relevant research and came to your product. This makes them qualified leads and there are higher rates of conversion.
- SEO Results to Higher Conversion Rate - good ranking on search engines and customers becoming familiar with your product results in high conversion rates.
- SEO Promotes Better Cost Management - SEO helps in generating low-cost leads, cheaper advertising, etc., and helps in saving various resources.
- SEO Builds Brand Credibility - higher rankings suggest that you are amongst the top players in the industry. It also takes you ahead of your competition and tells what difference you offer to your customers. The higher ranking also familiarizes the customers with your product which helps in building brand awareness.
- SEO Helps You Gain Market Share - with the help of SEO, conversion rate increases. Once this happens your market share also increases helping the business grow subsequently.
- SEO Creates Synergy of All Digital Marketing Activities - all the activities like content marketing, direct email, social media marketing, etc. should be aligned and integrated towards a common goal.
- SEO Increases Your Followers on Social Media - as your content comes across a large number of users, it builds a positive image in the eyes of the customers. Thus, users tend to follow you on your social media handles to get updated and fetch more information.
- SEO Improves Website Speed - optimizing content also helps in boosting the website speed and reduces load time, etc which makes the user interact more with the website.
Techniques for Search Engine Optimization
To optimize our website for top search results, we need to use multiple techniques. A few of them are discussed below-
- Keyword Research - We should work on identifying terms that are searched by users in the search engines and then optimize our content or make new content related to the keyword.
- Content marketing - We should work on creating high-quality compelling content for our users which is not published on search engines. Better content provides an effective user experience and also makes the user share content on their social media platforms.
- Link building - We should reach out to other websites and build relationships to promote our content. We should also try to attract links from other websites.
- On-page optimization - Your webmaster should work on improving the structure of your webpage. We should optimize the URL of the page to include keywords, have relevant title tags, etc.
- Site Architecture Optimization - Besides external links, we should also add internal links (links within our own website) to our web pages for a better user experience.
- Semantic markup - Semantic markup helps to tell what is the type of content, who has written that content etc.