Bounce Rate is defined as the percentage of visitors that leave a webpage without taking an action, such as making a purchase, clicking on a link, or filling out a form.
Bounce rate is important for 3 main reasons:
- You can increase your website’s conversion rate by stopping a visitor from bouncing.
- Websites with low bounce rates have better google ranking.
- A higher bounce rate indicates underlying issues with your website such as copywriting, page layout, or issues with content.
Why do people Bounce?
- Your website didn’t meet expectations: People tend to bounce off when they can’t find what they are looking for.
- Not attractive: Design is the first thing that attracts people, so if your website looks dull and boring then people start to lose interest.
- Bad UX: Your site should be easy to use so that people can navigate without much hassle.
How to improve your Bounce Rate?
- Add videos on your page: The average time on the page can be increased by embedding youtube videos.
- Use catchy phrases: Spot the dead zones on your page that might take away the attention of visitors and replace it with a catchy phrase so that the visitor is intrigued to read more.
- Loading speed: Make sure that your site loads faster because slow loading speed leads to higher bounce rates.
- Add internal links: Add links to your site that link back to other pages on your website to increase the page views.
- Optimize your mobile UX: Your website should work well on mobile and tablets because most of the traffic today comes from mobile devices.
- Make your content super easy to read and understand: Break your content into short paragraphs, use lots of white space and subheadings.
- Amazing design: Invest your time in making your site look attractive to make the user feel good about their experience on the page.