Conversion Rate is the number of visitors to your website that completed a desired action such as filling up a form or making a purchase out of the total number of visitors. A high conversion rate means that people are interested in your product and want what you are offering, whereas a low conversion rate could possibly mean that either your offer is off base or your site design is making it difficult to complete the tasks.
How to calculate conversion rate
The conversion rate is calculated by dividing the total number of conversions by the number of ad interactions that can be tracked to a conversion during the same time period. For example, if you had 100 conversions from 2000 interactions, then your conversion rate would be 5%.
Best ways to improve conversion rates
- Add pop-ups to your site - You can add pop-ups to give the visitors several offers including discounts, free eBook downloads, and other cool stuff. You can limit the frequency of pop-ups to once per user to not be annoying.
- Remove unnecessary form fields - Visitors usually don’t like to fill a form with way too much information. Therefore it a best practice to keep the form short and simple by avoiding any unnecessary fields.
- Add reviews and testimonials - You can add a series of logos to the homepage and social proof, including testimonials that help visitors believe that your site sells authentic products and is worth giving a shot. This helps to build a bond of trust.
- Remove distraction - Just stick to the main point as to what benefits you can offer to the customers. Stay concise and avoid any overload of information.
- Add a third-part signup service - Instead of asking the customer to build an account from scratch, you can give them the option of logging in using their Facebook or Google account. This helps to save time and avoid any long signup forms.
- Strengthen your call-to-action copy - Make your CTAs as interesting as you can. Use something like “YES! I want this discount” instead of “avail discount”.
- Add a Live chat option - This option just changes the user experience altogether as it makes it easier for them to clear their doubts on the go.
- Offer a money-back guarantee - This is another way to build trust with your customers. Any kind of return policy keeps the mind of the visitors at ease.