Glance view shows how many times a product detail page has been viewed. It is one of Amazon’s internal metrics that are used by sellers on Amazon to track their performance.
Uses of Glance Views
- Glance views are used by amazon to assess the demand for a product.
- It is used to calculate product conversions rate (Total orders/customer glance views) which shows the number of buyers that purchased something after viewing your product detail page.
- It is used to calculate replenishable out of stock % - (Glance views when the item was out of stock/ total customer glance views) x 100. This shows the percentage of sales that were potentially lost when a product was out of stock.
- It is used to calculate vendor buy box fast track % - (Glance views with a fast track offer/total customer glance views) x 100. This shows vendors how often a fast track order is included in the product detail page.
- It is used to calculate % views of non-replenishable items - ( number of glance views on non-replenishable products/ total customer glance views of the product)*100. This metric is for Amazon book vendors only and it shows which books should be moved to manufacture-on-demand.
- It is used to calculate % vendor replenishable buy box fast track (fast track customer glance views on replenishable items/total customer glance views on replenishable items)*100. This shows how often the fast track offer is shown to shoppers of replenishable items.