Push notification marketing is a technique used by marketers to inform users about the product and services which they offer by sending notifications on multiple devices. Notifications that are sent to users can be promotional or transactional notifications. Promotional notifications tell the customers about the brand and create awareness for the product whereas transactional notifications tell the customer about the status of their order. Push notification marketing allows you to pass on useful information to your customers.
IMPORTANCE OF PUSH NOTIFICATION MARKETING
- Better outreach- A large number of people use smartphones and web browsers in their day-to-day life. By using push notification marketing we can showcase our products to customers which will boost our outreach.
- Security- customers’ information or users’ data is kept safe and not misused. A check is kept by Google API and the data is not sold for any unethical purposes.
- Higher engagement- Push notifications help businesses to bring back customers to their website. Sending reminders and relevant information to pre-existing customers is an effective way of engaging and bringing them to your website.
- Useful insights- By sending push notifications, you get to know how many times your website has been opened. This provides statistical data and with the help of this, you can work on your marketing strategies.
- Cheap communication channel- Push notification marketing is a cost-effective way of marketing. You can reach a large number of your subscribers at the same time. There are some platforms that provide this service for free up to a certain number of subscribers.
TIPS FOR PUSH NOTIFICATION MARKETING STRATEGY
- You should not send push notifications to users all the time and for everything. This disturbs them through their normal daily life activities and they might unsubscribe. Avoid sending notifications for blog posts or any ordinary information. Respect the time of your users.
- Send updates to your customers that are exciting and offer unique value. You should send notifications for sales, early access, shipping details, and reminders for events if any. You can also send text messages on users’ smartphones as most of the users feel that this is a more comfortable way of getting notified of something.
- You should use push notification marketing strategy thoughtfully. Plan your marketing campaigns and schedule your notification hours to avoid annoying and irritating your customers.
- You should measure and analyze the success you receive through push notification marketing and then work on curating your notifications and messages in the desired manner.