Push Notifications are clickable popup messages which are displayed on the browsers of your users regardless of their device or browser. They are a fast communication channel that enables companies to send their customers messages, offers, or other information.
There are several elements in push notifications. They usually have a title, message, picture, and URL. Since push notifications are catchy, they keep the users engaged even when they are not browsing a particular site.
Different types of Push Notification:
- Web push notification- Web push notifications are messages sent to the user via the web. These alert messages just slide into your desktop screen at the top or bottom right, depending on which operating system a user is using. Web push notifications are generally supplied on your desktop or mobile screen whenever you are on your browser, regardless of whether you are on their website or not. The main purpose of these notifications is to improve the engagement of the website and to encourage visitors to return to the website and thus increase conversions. It is quite easy, even with a limited or no technical background you can create push notifications. This makes web push notifications such a handy marketing tool.
- Desktop push notification- Desktop push notifications appear only on desktop desks of users, unlike web push notifications. The products you have installed on your desktop drive, this notification primarily drives customer involvement. Desktop push notifications in comparison with Web push notifications are quite difficult to create and require the support of a developer.
- Mobile App Push Notification- Similar to desktop push notifications, an and sting/downloaded app on your device also activates mobile push notifications. When a user opens the app, the OS push notification services register unique identifiers both for the app and for the device. These IDs are shared with app publishers, who then produce and send push messages manually to make the customer more involved.
You can display push notification warnings at three locations on your mobile—lock the display screen, the banner, and the message center several when the application user opts for a message. While Android has an opt-in and manual opt-out configuration by default, iOS will not allow applications to send users notifications until they agree to receive messages.
- Push notifications on wearables- You can now also send push notifications on wearable devices. If you notice, you can receive notifications for wearables by people wearing Smart Watches. Ideally synchronized with its smartphones, these devices allow wearables to display notifications from mobile apps directly. The leverage for adjusting notification settings is provided by both mobile and wearables. You can choose to receive notifications from certain apps while the feature is deactivated. Since wearables are smaller than smartphones, the former looks very different from the latter. Wearable notifications are shorter and more compelling than mobile.
Why should you use Push notifications?
- Offering Opt-in choice- You may boost your brand's visibility among its audience with push notifications by adding subscribers with a single click to "allow." Allow users to choose whether or not they want your website to send them notifications, and make sure the opt-in message explains what kind of messages they can expect. Most consumers will opt out without adding much value to your entire push notification exercise if they click on the message without knowing what it's for.
- Capturing increased and good quality leads- Many businesses suffer from the low lead count and quality because visitors are sometimes hesitant to disclose personal information, or one or more form fields cause them to hesitate before completing out the lead generation form. You don't have to rely on capturing lead information with push notifications because you may add subscribers with single-click consent and engage them without asking for any personal information.
- Increasing return traffic- Compelling messages can immediately grab your audience's interest and engage them. Send proactive clickable notifications from everywhere on their browsers directing them back to your website. Through targeted notifications and personalized messages, you may encourage return visitors.
Time-Saving- You can maximize existing opportunities by communicating with your users at the right time using push notifications. When you need immediate responses, send real-time push notifications. Push notifications will almost certainly outperform SMS and email. People don't have to read their text messages, and emails can be lost in the spam folder. Push notifications, on the other hand, are sent immediately to your consumers' desktops or mobile