Pay-per-click marketing is a type of advertising wherein you pay when a user taps on your ad. You only pay for real clicks, it doesn’t matter how frequently your ad is shown. The two most popular and familiar platforms for pay-per-click marketing are Google and Facebook. Pay-per-click marketing is a great model for eCommerce businesses as it allows us to optimize everything according to our needs
BENEFITS OF PPC MARKETING
- A cost-effective way to advertise
- It is fast and you can easily track results
- It is highly targeted.
- It generates revenue.
The rate per click in this type of marketing is figured out through two models namely the flat-rate model and the bid-based model.
- FLAT-RATE MODEL: In this model, the advertiser pays a pre-decided rate to the publisher for each click on the advertisement. Publishers may charge a lower rate if the advertiser signs up for the contract for a longer duration.
- BID-BASED MODEL: In this type of model, the publisher holds up an auction and the advertisers propose the maximum amount they are willing to pay to get their ad published. This auction is held with the help of available tools and the winner is decided based on a few factors. Primarily, the amount offered and the peculiarity and applicability of the content are assessed.
WAYS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN PAY-PER-CLICK MARKETING
You can achieve a lot through PPC marketing by just keeping in mind a few factors listed below
- Keyword Relevance – Your keyword lists should be relevant and updated from time to time.
- Landing Page Quality – Users should land on pages that are related to their search queries.
- Quality Score – It is a rating by google based on the quality of your keywords, landing pages, etc.
- Creative – Your ads should be creative and engaging to achieve more through PPC marketing.
SALIENT FEATURES OF A PPC EFFECTIVE KEYWORD LIST AREe
- Relevant – The keywords you choose should be linked to your eCommerce business.
- Exhaustive – Your keyword list should not only include the most popular and frequently searched terms but also terms that are less common but specific. Terms which are less common are less expensive too.
- Expansive - Your keyword list should be constantly reviewed and should be adaptive. You should create an environment that helps in expanding your campaign.